REPORTING TO: Team Lead, Integrity Department
DEPARTMENT: Integrity & Development
LOCATION: Roehampton, South West London
The ITF is the world governing body of tennis and beach tennis, responsible for the rules of both sports and maintaining the integrity of tennis. In addition to its administrative role, the ITF is the owner and international rights holder of the two largest annual international team competitions in sport, Davis Cup by BNP Paribas and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas. The ITF also manages the Olympic Tennis Event on behalf of the IOC. Through its Science and Technical Department, the ITF closely monitors both equipment and technology, while its Officiating Department oversees the education and advancement of officials worldwide.
The ITF organises over 1,000 weeks of men’s and women’s professional tournaments on the ITF Pro Circuit and coordinates the rapidly growing ITF Beach Tennis Tour. Through its Tennis Development Department that oversees the development of tennis worldwide, the ITF manages the ITF Junior Circuit and team competitions for elite juniors as well as international tennis events and programmes for wheelchair and senior players. The ITF also manages the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme on behalf of the sport and is a partner in the Tennis Integrity Unit.
Overview of ITF Integrity Department:
As the global governing body of tennis, the ITF is responsible for protecting the integrity of the game. This includes governance, legal, and science and technical responsibilities. The Integrity Department also operates testing and approval programmes based in its world-leading tennis research laboratory in London. The successful candidate will contribute to a range of administrative functions across the Integrity Department, but will primarily be assisting in the activities of the Science & Technical Department.
The purpose of this role is to support the Integrity Team Lead to ensure high-quality and efficient administrative support across all areas of the Integrity Department.
• Assistance with the administration of tennis ball approval, court surface classification and recognition programmes, including liaison with customers.
• Assistance with research/testing in the ITF Technical Centre laboratory (interest in science would therefore be useful).
• Responsible for maintaining the ITF Technical and Sport Science websites (training provided).
• Assistance with organisation and preparation of papers for committee meetings.
• Minute-taking for meetings.
• Administrative support to the department including responding to emails, letters, filing, booking meetings, raising invoices and similar.
• Administering the ITF’s central contract database.
• Provide cover for the Team Lead.
• Provide regular lunchtime cover for ITF Reception.
• Other functions as and when assigned.
HR: Integrity Admin Assistant – PFT – job description – June 2018
Knowledge & Skills required:
• A positive and proactive approach.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience of administrative support.
• Experience of key Microsoft Office packages.
• High-quality speaking and writing skills.
• The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Good time management.
• Willingness to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary on request
• Core hours 9.15am -5.15pm Mon – Fri
• Lunch is provided by the ITF (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities
• 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
• Group personal pension scheme / Life assurance (subject to conditions)
• Private healthcare
• Ride2Work (in conjunction with Evans Cycles) and childcare voucher scheme
This job specification should in no way be deemed a complete and definitive description of the job requirements. Responsibilities may be expanded or reduced at any time as deemed appropriate by management. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on application.
Application Process: Please email covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include the job title Administration Assistant, Integrity & Development in the subject line of your email.
Closing date: 4 July 2018. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to candidates, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.