Wilson Sporting Goods
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
• BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred (or a demonstrated proficiency in 3D modeling CAD software with commensurate experience in a technical field in automotive, aerospace, or sporting goods)
• 2 to 5 years of experience in an Engineering or R&D environment
• Preferably proficient in the use of NX (and Knowledge Fusion) or other high-end CAD software (Solidworks will be considered)
• Proficient in developing robust parametric models and complex 3D surface modeling for products such as helmets and golf clubs.
• Strong eye for examining the nuisance of shape and contour of complicated surfaces a big plus.
• Experience with latticing techniques or applications for 3D printing a definite plus.
• Experience with GUI for meshing such as Hypermesh, Abaqus Viewer, or ANSYS a definite positive.
• Ability to use of Office software such as Word, MS-Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be able to work in an experimental, fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and under minimal supervision
• Eager to continuously learn and incorporate new software/applications into the work flow on demand
• A demonstrated passion for sport a big plus.
• Ability to communicate complex methods, timelines and findings to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to compare, evaluate and generate recommendations for improvements or next steps.
• A desire to understand the design and manufacturing of sports equipment perform.
The full vacancy details can be found here.