Wilson Sporting Goods
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
• An undergraduate degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering is required; post-graduate degree is considered an asset. Degreed individuals in the Computer Sciences field will also be considered.
• 3-5 years experience in aerospace, automotive or sporting goods in applications engineering or R&D
• Experience creating designs for manufacturing with 3D modeling software (NX or SolidWorks)
• Sufficient knowledge & experience using finite element software, computer simulation, numerical methods and FEA Theory.
• Experience with Hypermesh preferred (or Abaqus Viewer, ANSYS acceptable)
• Experience with LS-DYNA preferred ( or Abaqus, NASTRAN acceptable)
• Highly proficient with Matlab ( other programming proficiency in C#, Python, Visual Basic a plus)
• Ability to work in fast changing unstructured way and shift priorities as they emerge.
• A demonstrated passion for sport a big plus.
• Ability to communicate complex methods, timelines and findings to a non-technical audience.
• Strong analytical ability to compare, evaluate and generate recommendations for improvements or next steps.
• A desire to understand the mechanics and physics that make sports equipment perform.
The full details for the vacancy can be found here.