Location: Portland, Oregon
Are you a high-performing Engineer who wants to go ‘all in’ and apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Do you want to help create a sustainable future for sport? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Does applying the latest material and process innovations on a fast time to market excite you? Have you ever dreamed about applying cutting edge engineering to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas INNOVATION team is currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic engineers wanting to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative we want to hire the best talents to join our high performing team in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture, develop and communicate our product. The adidas INNOVATION team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear, apparel, hardware and manufacturing projects, driven to create the best for the athlete. As a INNOVATION team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your engineering competences towards advanced company projects.
Assist in engineering sustainable market leading concepts, components, products, and processes which increase brand credibility, lower environmental impact and enable adidas to deliver added value to athletes.
• Carry out mechanical evaluation of concepts, prototypes, and products, developing novel test methods where necessary
• Work with designers, sports scientists, and product developers to establish clear boundaries for design, increasing design freedom
• Support multi-disciplinary projects to engineer and develop technical sports equipment and apparel
• Carry out research, simulation, and testing and transfer the results into unique market leading processes or products
• Support the development of advanced methodology and techniques for evaluation of components, products and processes, including efficient methods of data analysis
• Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
• Support in preparing concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
• Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
• Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
• Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• High potential in the field of Mechanical Engineering
• Curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
• Experience with mechanical testing
• Knowledge of automation and robotics
• Scientific Programming experience (Python, Matlab)
University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field