Do you have what it takes to win?
Like a championship team, a leading global sports brand is built with a solid foundation of players at all levels who have an unending desire and dedication not only to succeed, but also to win. Our championship team is deeply committed to developing the most innovative sports equipment in the industry and we are always looking to strengthen our roster with talented players.
Want to join our Easton team as a R&D Engineer, Bats?
Easton Baseball/Softball is a leading developer and manufacturer of baseball and softball bats, batting and fielding gloves, apparel, bags, helmets, catcher’s protective equipment and related accessories in the U.S. and Canada. Easton is recognized as one of the strongest and most innovative brands in baseball and softball.
As the R&D Engineer, Bats you will be responsible for development, design, and testing of Easton bat products.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with a team to design bat products to include: aluminum bats, composite laminate design, product testing, material evaluation and component design
• Drive team to innovate industry leading products
• Actively implement continuous process improvement
• Direct fabrication and testing of prototypes
• Communicate design and direct manufacturing partner team efforts
• Develop and nurture a portfolio of advanced concept designs, processes, and materials
• Develop test protocols for new concepts or materials
• Hands-on development and prototyping
• Work cooperatively with sports-governing body representatives
• Attend industry meetings
• Light machining or fabrication may be necessary at times
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 5+ years design/manufacturing experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Laminate design experience
• Knowledge of baseball equipment is preferred
• Ability to work on multiple projects within a fast paced stage-gate environment
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to effectively manage time and work on multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CAD experience (Solid Works)
• Bilingual (Chinese/English) preferred but not required
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted.