Location: Bognor Regis, West Sussex
Salary: Salary range: £35,550 to £47,722 per annum
Job Description & Person Specification:
Are you in academia or industry and are looking for an exciting and flexible role which uses your creativity to contribute to the delivery of Mechanical Engineering and Design programmes? Does your experience bring a fresh perspective which will encourage under-represented groups, particularly women into this field? Are you passionate about making a difference through your imaginative approach and expertise in an applied area of Mechanical or Sports Engineering?
We are currently building a diverse team of creative and innovative people to establish our Engineering & Product Design degrees in our new state-of-the-art Engineering and Digital Technology Park. With cutting-edge teaching labs containing brand new equipment, students will put their learning immediately into practice, working with those studying engineering and creative disciplines and reproducing a real workplace environment.
You will join the team at this exciting time to play an important role in designing innovative Engineering & Applied Design programmes offering a creative response to the needs of both students and industry through an inclusive, accessible curriculum delivered through small group interdisciplinary teaching and a project-based approach.
You will have the opportunity to make a key contribution to a number of new programmes, building on your experience of sharing knowledge and your skills in a learning or industrial environment. We welcome applications from a broad range of backgrounds and offer a supportive and flexible working environment with the full range of flexible working options. Ideally, you will have:
• a good relevant undergraduate degree
• a doctorate in a relevant subject area or equivalent industrial experience
• excellent teaching and presentation skills with the ability to foster creative approaches when responding to scholarly challenges
• a comprehensive understanding of Mechanical Engineering/Sports Engineering
• a specialism or be well placed to develop, possibly in one of the following: Thermofluids, Manufacturing and Product Design, Sports Engineering or Biomedical Materials
• knowledge of developing initiatives underpinning the subject area
• the ability to develop areas of interest in Creative and Digital Technologies
Does this sound like you?
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Professor Stuart Harmer, Head of Department, Engineering & Applied Design on 01243 816068 or email S.Harmer@chi.ac.uk, or Howard Taylor, Head of Mechanical and Materials Engineering on 01243 816040 or e-mail H.Taylor@chi.ac.uk
Closing Date: 25 March 2018
Interview Date: 12 April 2018
The University of Chichester welcomes applicants from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds as they are currently under represented at this level.
Applications are also invited from candidates who wish to work part time or on a job share basis. They are also welcomed from early career Academics.
Closing Deadline: 25 March 2018