As a member of the International Sports Engineering Association (ISEA), you can apply for support to help you to engage and collaborate with the sports engineering community.
Our funds can be used to meet new contacts around the world, develop your special engineering skills and open up an exciting range of possibilities when looking for the next stage of your sports engineering career.
Examples of how your grant could be used:
- Travel costs for group visits to sports engineering companies
- Travel or accommodation costs for individual visits to other institutions or companies with the intention to collaborate on area of study
- Travel or accommodation costs for speakers at invitational guest lecture or seminar event (to be organised by the applicants, speaker to be an ISEA member)
- Organisation of public engagement event involving Sports Engineering (applicant must be a speaker or part of organising committees
- Prize funds for Sports Engineering related competitions (organised by applicants)
- Other initiatives will be considered
We can award individual grants up to £500 and group grants up to £1000.
Applications are assessed on a quarterly basis based after the following quarterly deadlines:
• Round 1 applications close at 5pm UTC on 19th of February
• Round 2 applications close at 5pm UTC on 14th of May
• Round 3 applications close at 5pm UTC on 13th of August
• Round 4 applications close at 5pm UTC on 12th of November
Please note, the activity or event for which funding is requested must occur at least 60 days after the application closing date.
To apply for a grant, you must:
- Be enrolled as a student
- Be a member of the ISEA
- Only apply once in a 1-year membership period
- Complete the application form outlining how you will use the funds
- Complete the ISEA risk assessment form and submit with your application
- Include a supporting statement from a tutor or advisor at your enrolled institution.
- Support for research, exchange programs, trials, or other sports engineering related activities is encouraged
- Attending the bi-annual ISEA conference or ISEA Winter/Summer schools cannot be supported
- Attending other conferences can be supported in case the applicant presents a poster or oral presentation (+indicates ISEA’s support on the slides / poster (logo))
If you are successful you will be expected to:
- Promote the ISEA during your event/activity through use of the ISEA logo
- Produce an award report for inclusion on the ISEA website.
A summary of the awards the ISEA has funded can be found here.